Friday, July 3, 2009

Felix Salmon Reviews Snowball

Felix Salmon wrote a really neat article about Snowball by Alice Schroeder. He is basically saying the book isn't worth reading unless you are a super duper fan of big WB, but I'm not sure - I read the book once, and since I'm a fast reader I think I'll go through it again and try and be as critical as Salmon was. I enjoyed the book, but hey, who doesn't love 900 pages of authorized big WB? Here's a great quotation from Salmon:

In other words, this is a book which doesn't just make it hard to make out the forest for the trees; it makes it hard to make out the trees for the texture of their bark and the exact shape and number of their branches.


He also suggests that reading Brk-A's annual reports written by big WB are more interesting to read, so I guess I'm going to have to find out for myself. I'll let you know what I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment